The first thing to do, obviously, is to get your BlackBerry out of the water as soon as possible. Next, pull the battery and wipe it dry. Make sure to store it in a cool, dry place. Then it’s on to your device. I would suggest taking out a dish towel and laying the BlackBerry on it, screen up. After 10 or so minutes, flip it over. This will drain some of the water out of the device. It won’t get it dry, but it’s a start. Do not use a blow dryer. This causes the device to heat up and also it causes condensation which can worsen the problem.
Here is a step by step method on how to dry the Blackberry...
- 1. Pull out the battery.
- 2. Put your device near sunlight.
- 3. Rotate your device so all sides get sunlight.
- 4. Leave it near sunlight for 24 hours. Some suggest in a bowl of uncooked rice or with silica gel packs.
- 5. Do NOT put your battery back until the 24 hours are up.
- 6. After 24 hours, put the battery back in and power on.